Do you have the mental discipline that it takes to maintain your focus on the task at hand when everything around you is crying out for your attention? It is not something that is easy to do. In fact, it takes repeated practice to gain necessary mastery in this area of your life. Understand at the outset that you cannot skimp on this work.
- Your Vision
- Your Mission
- Your Passion
- Your Goals/Intentions
- Your Values/Needs/Strengths
- Your Affirmation/Self-Talk Statements
- Your Standards/Boundaries
- Your Desirable/Pleasurable Habits
- Your Identified Obstacles/Roadblocks
- Your Eliminated Undesirable/Aversive Habits
- Your Achievements/Balance/Success
It is critically important that you create "the world" of your personal experience in a way that provides meaning and relief from suffering in what is an otherwise unpredictable, impermanent world.
Most importantly, you must be prepared to stay with this task.