Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Look Outside Myself


By Jonathan Dunnemann


Here I am in a lonely room of self-imposed separation. Nothing more than a malcontent left to dwell over a lack of outward connection.

My ardent effort to be made safe and secure resembles that of shackled and weighted down beast whose past fullness of life all at once is seemingly being squeezed right out of me.

Had I known that this stranger called ignorance would be so unkind and unrelenting I would surely have remained outside myself, there among the arthropods, the winged creatures, even my own worst enemies.

For that would be far better than this frigid, emotionless, jagged edged terrain where upon the desolate dragon stalks me and I am deeply entrapped in perpetual silence.

Desperately, I continue to search for the doorway outside myself hoping to stumble back out to the conjoined breath of other, the spirit of harmony, and the warmth of an everlasting light.

No comments:

Post a Comment