Wednesday, October 28, 2015

On Becoming a Spiritual Mentor



Dear Friends, Associates and Connections,

As you may know by now, my greatest interest is in deepening my spiritual awareness and spiritual practices and to become a spiritual mentor who helps other people achieve higher human potential and transform their lives, better understand their relationship to all life, and be of profound service to others.

To achieve these objectives, I have decided to draw on the resources of Buddhist, Christian, and Sufi contemplative tradition, read selected texts including classics and specific topical material, prepare a guided collection of theme papers, maintain personal journal-keeping, and engage in other spiritual practices that include having a clear sense of personal ideals, and a regular prayer and meditation life.

In an effort to complete this mission, I am seeking assistance from others in appropriately designing my learning program, gaining a monthly time commitment of mentor support via conference call that will allow for ongoing accountability and a possible yearly retreat component. Ideally, I envision the total duration of this primarily home-study based program to be two years.

Please feel free to contact me directly if either you or someone that you know might be interested and have the availability to further assist me one-on-one with this personal spiritual pursuit.

Thank you and many blessings.
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment