Friday, January 24, 2014

The Psychologist's Philosophy


Find YOUR Guiding Light...

By Jaclynn Moergeli

It takes anywhere from 21 to 66 or even 122 days to form a habit (and I'm not talking the nun kind of habit). One hundred twenty two days or more precisely 10,540,800 seconds is a long time. That being said, waiting for a habit to form is like a snail saying "I'll be right back." I'll wait. Never mind.

If habits are not the answer to eating healthy, exercising daily, or quitting that pesky addictive behavior, how then can one expect to sustain anything?

From my own experience and blogging the past 23 days, it is no easy feat. There are sick days, sad days, sleepy days, and Seahawk days - all of which bang on the door and beg me to come out to play or on other days, plead for me to stay in bed just 5 more minutes. In sum, it's not easy but I think I've found a light at the end of this oh so dark tunnel.

Find the ultimate reason you are doing it.

Follow Me...
At the end of the long, dark tunnel there needs to be a light. A light that shows the way even when everything around you is crumbling to the ground. My goal is to make money doing what I love. My goal is to inspire, educate, entertain and connect with people through writing. These goals matter to me so much I will do anything, except for waiting for that snail to come back, to achieve them. I have the support of my boyfriend Chris who asks me every morning if I've written my blog and friends who call when I haven't posted, however when it's all said and done, they are not the reason I put my hands to the keyboard each morning. As I said before, find the ultimate reason. Take time to seriously consider the why as it will provide the step to where you want to get to. The goal is to find the light at the end of the tunnel so that when you fall, and you will, you know how to reorient yourself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment