Monday, February 13, 2017

Time Immemorial

By Jon Dunnemann




Time touches, traces and slyly invades the very spaces of every human possibility that each one of us unpreparedly faces.

And yet, time also permits us to sore along its glorious jetstream to the most wondrously new and unfamiliar places.

Miraculously, we often find ourselves living on the edge of stability equally accompanied by the keenest sense of sublime fragility.

There is no necessity for time to stand still. Let's keep it marching onward over every mountain and over every hill.

Dare I ever ungratefully suggest, that I would go willingly to my shaded oak memory chest.

No, no, why absolutely not that is until after I have been most tediously put to the test. Then I will be satisfied knowing that I both faithfully and forthrightly did my very best.

At last, one day for time immemorial my soul will come to rest on the buoyant ledge of true spiritual success.




No comments:

Post a Comment