Friday, April 29, 2016

I Have Often Truly Forgotten Who I Am

By Jon Dunnemann


Roughly, I ride over the traverse of small beginnings hoping to catch a glimpse of the forgotten, the unforeseen or some other withering possibility.

Upon discovery, I naively ask myself what more can be done to accordingly anchor ultimate fulfillment?

Adoringly, I rub these hands of mine over the object of my possession as if to remove any sense of ordinariness or dullness. Suddenly, it occurs to me that this may well be where and why we are all so likely to err.

For a thing is suitable as it is long before it is ever named by us. Thus, to alter or to lay claim to another object is as if to reform it into something which best suits my purpose, my needs or my selfish desires is to unwisely add a flaw to it.

We may label it for our convenience; a jewel, a ruby, a mineral, a sacred stone or weaponry.

Inevitably though, its true nature gets diminished and like so many things in life its elemental value is suppressed and thereby under appreciated.

This I think would be less likely to happen if while engaged in the theater of life we recognized that to name us does not fully explain us. Who I am, what I will myself to become, accomplish or where I am intent on going is something that is steadily evolving.

A caterpillar morphs into a beautiful butterfly. Similarly, I am a human inconspicuously transforming into Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment